As of 5/10/12 Mock Draft:
1. – Nail Yakupov, LW, Sarnia (OHL)
Skinny: Easily the best player in the Draft, Edmonton gets a huge piece to build around.
2. – Mikhail Grigorenko, RW, Quebec (QMJHL)
Skinny: Incredibly skilled Russian winger will look great alongside Johansen next season.
3. – Filip Forsberg, LW, Leksands (SWE)
Skinny: Skilled Swedish winger that will replenish the Habs’ forward prospect pool.
4. – Ryan Murray, D, Everett (WHL)
Skinny: Best defenseman available, Isles get the defender they need to build around on the blue line.
5. – Alex Galchenyuk, C, Sarnia (OHL)
Skinny: Sees the game well and undeniable offensive ability, Leafs get the center they need.
6. – Matthew Dumba, D, Red Deer (WHL)
Skinny: Stud defenseman that Anaheim needs, will blossom in Anaheim’s system.
7. – Morgan Rielly, D, Moose Jaw (WHL)
Skinny: Strong two-way defenseman, will look great with Brodin in a couple seasons.
8. – Radek Faksa, C, Kitchener (OHL)
Skinny: Czech center adds plenty of skill to Carolina’s lineup.
9. – Teuvo Teravainen, LW, Jokerit (FIN)
Skinny: Explosive skater, great offensive abilities, discussed as possible #1 at times.
10. – Jacob Trouba, D, USA U-18 (USHL)
Skinny: Blossomed in the USA Hockey system, will replenish Tampa’s defensive depth.
11. (via COL) – Cody Ceci, D, Ottawa (OHL)
Skinny: Fantastic defenseman, should be in Top 10 if not for positional needs.
12. – Brendan Gaunce, C, Belleville (OHL)
Skinny: Strong two-way game makes him an incredible asset on Buffalo’s offense.
13. – Zemgus Girgensons, C, Dubuque (USHL)
Skinny: High hockey IQ, sees the game very well in both zones.
14. – Griffin Reinhart, D, Edmonton (WHL)
Skinny: Solid defenseman to begin a defensive retool around in Calgary.
15. – Matthew Finn, D, Guelph (OHL)
Skinny: Great defenseman to put alongside Erik Karlsson in the future.
16. – Sebastian Collberg, RW, Frolunda HC (SWE)
Skinny: Skilled Swedish winger, was discussed in Top 10 for most of season.
17. – Pontus Aberg, LW, Djugardens (SWE)
Skinny: Offensively strong, could develop into a strong asset in Florida’s Top 6.
18. – Tomas Hertl, C, Slavia (CZREP)
Skinny: San Jose reinvigorates their offensive prospect pool with Czech center Hertl.
19. – Andrei Vasilevski, G, Ufa (KHL)
Skinny: The goaltender Chicago needs in their system, will develop into a strong goalie.
20. (via DET) – Malcolm Subban, G, Belleville (OHL)
Skinny: Subban gives the Lightning the type of goaltending prospect they need in their system.
21. – Slater Koekkoek, D, Peterborough (OHL)
Skinny: Offensive defenseman that will bring puck moving ability to Boston’s blue line.
22. – Brady Skjei, D, USA U-18 (USHL)
Skinny: Skjei has developed well in the US system, should experience continued growth in Philly’s system.
23. (via NSH) – Stefan Matteau, C, USA U-18 (USHL)
Skinny: Hockey smart center could develop into a good player for Buffalo’s offense.
24. – Daniil Zharkov, LW, Belleville (OHL)
Skinny: Pittsburgh adds offensive skill to the wing position with Zharkov.
25. – Thomas Wilson, RW, Plymouth (OHL)
Skinny: Strong winger fits in well with St. Louis’ style of play.
26. – Colton Sissons, C, Kelowna (OHL)
Skinny: Vancouver makes up for the loss of Hodgson by adding a center to their system.
27. (via LA) – Olli Maatta, D, London (OHL)
Skinny: Strong two-way defenseman out of the London Knights, should fit well in Columbus’ organization.
28. – Martin Frk, RW, Halifax (QMJHL)
Skinny: Unique skill set and size makes him an asset in New Jersey’s system.
29. – Nicholas Kerdiles, C, USA U-18 (USHL)
Skinny: Phoenix brings a much needed forward into their prospect pool.
30. – Hampus Lindholm, D, Rogle Jr. (SWE-JR)
Skinny: New York adds a defensive prospect alongside McIlrath and fellow Swede Erixon.